Monday, May 31, 2010

Inking Up Unused Stamps - High Flying Ideas



What a great challenge! I was able to use 2 stamp sets for the first time (and 3 dies, if we're counting those!). From the first time I saw the hot air balloon dies, I thought "light bulb". It took this challenge to get the idea to paper. I kept this pretty simple as this notebook is going in my purse and I knew buttons and extra ribbons would take a beating.

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Stamps: Take Note, Up, Up & Away
Card Stock: Stamper's Select, Hawaiian Shores, Summer Sunrise, Soft Stone
Ink: True Black
Patterned Paper: Black & White Basics
Miscellanous: Copics, twill ribbon, rickrack border die, Up, Up & Away die, Tabbed Mini Book Page

14 comments:

Karen H. said...

This is so cool! Love the die as a lightbulb - very clever!

Lorraine said...

Too cute! Love the lightbulb - goes perfect w/ the sentiment!

Debbie Gaydos said...

How cute! Brilliant use of the die! :)

Anonymous said...

I never ever would've thought about a lightbulb out of that shape. Great idea. Love the notebook idea!

Anonymous said...

So smart! very pretty card!

Jen Carter said...

How cute! You executed this very well!!

Keva said...

Awesome! I love the lightbulb idea. Really cute card!

Brenda said...

So cool! Way to think outside the box! I really like your card!

Erica said...

Great idea!

Anonymous said...

Great idea! I'm always amazed when I see something like this and I know I wouldn't have thought of it!

Diane Jaquay said...

OMG!!! That sentiment is just PERFECT with the balloon (light bulb ;) Brilliant!

Terri said...

Great idea. I love it when people think outside the box.

Michelle said...

Really like the colors on this – and how it can be for a boy or a girl…it’s fun but not overly girly.

Anonymous said...

Oh, how clever!!! I LOVE this, Pat!!!