Monday, June 7, 2010

June Pixie Challenge

Karen posted these fat quarters for color inspiration. Other than the color inspiration, there weren't a lot of rules. We could use the colors, pick a pattern from the group or just go with a general sewing theme.



My card today is so far out of my comfort zone. I love Betsy Veldman's style of mixing colors, patterns and multiple layers but it is so different from my typical style. I'm trying, I'm really trying. Oh, and I did ink up 2 sets I've never used before.



Hope you enjoy. Thanks for stopping by.

Supplies:
Stamps: Fillable Frames #4, Quilters Sampler
Card Stock: Terra Cotta Tile, Vintage Cream, Lemon Tart
Ink: Terra Cotta Tile, Simply Chartruese
Patterned Paper: Cosmo Cricket Material Girl
Miscellaneous: twine, Vintage Buttons, Fillable Frames #4 die, Copics, clear embossing powder, dimensionals.

10 comments:

Karen H. said...

This is awesome! So many great details: the frame turned sideways, getting different patterns to work together, and the ruler ribbon. Thanks for playing!

Laurie said...

This is so cute! I love the frame in the background!

Anonymous said...

I love the frame and the layers of pp is just great-I love your take on the challenge!

Anonymous said...

It may be out of your comfort zone, but it is a fabulous card. I love the way you used the fillable frame.

Lorraine said...

Are you kidding??? I love your card...the colors & the design. You should venture out of your comfort zone more often...LOL. Beautiful!

Terri said...

I think you did a great job on it! You would never know it was out of your comfort zone.

Jill said...

Pat, it's really great! I love the sewing idea and that sentiment together for a get well card! It's also bright and cheery, just right for someone who's feeling ill. Nice work!

Anonymous said...

This is fabulous, Pat!!! You did such a great job with the challenge!!!

Michelle said...

This is so cute – I love this line and love seeing it used as it was somewhat of a challenge for me to work with. Perfect sentiment too of course!

Unknown said...

I think you did a fabulous job on this. I love it!