Thursday, March 25, 2010

PTI March Blog Hop




Yay! It's March blog hop time. Here's my story. I had a great idea for a card using some of my new release goodies. However, the new goodies did not show up until Monday and I only have time to play on the weekend. So I had to come up with a whole new idea.

I wanted to try making stripes since Nichole used a stamp from Luck of the Irish on one of her cards. So that became my starting point. I also wanted to try my hand at constructing a bird house roof using a scallop border punch. Note to self - it takes a lot of border punch strips to cover a roof so cut it down to the smallest size that will work.

So here is my project using buttons as embellishments. Hope you enjoy. Hope my mom enjoys this card for Mother's Day.

Supplies:
Stamps: Polka Dot Basics II, Bird Watching, Luck of the Irish, Daily Designs Sentiments
Card Stock: Spring Moss, Aqua Mist, Hibiscus Burst, Dark Chocolate. Stamper's Select White
Ink: Aqua Mist, Hibiscus Burst, Dark Chocolate
Patterned Paper: Itty Bitty Dots
Other: Vintage buttons, circle punch, Stampin' Up Top Note and Little Leaves dies, Stampin' Up scallop border punch.

38 comments:

Jen Carter said...

How CUTE is that! The stripes are perfect and the bird cage is so cute! You did a great job and I love the placement of the buttons too!

Taheerah said...

Lovely card, the colours are great and it was well worth all the time you spent on the birdhouse roof! Love your buttons as berries too!

Sherry said...

This is absolutely darling!! I love the colors and the buttons are the perfect touch!

Bethany Paull said...

I love how the buttons are like flowers in all that leafy goodness.

Melissa said...

So pretty! What a fun idea for a card!

Kathryn B said...

Great idea! your card is beautiful all your colors and I'm lovin' that birdhouse!

Janice McDonald said...

Too cute!

Rosanne said...

Very cute!

Rebecca said...

This turned out great! The colors are terrific and the roof on the birdhouse is such a cute idea.

Anika said...

Cute card! Love the layout!

Diane Jaquay said...

What a gorgeous little card!! The birdhouse is just so sweet!!

Kelly S. said...

That little birdhouse is the sweetest...love the scalloped roof and the adorable little birdie entrance, hee!

Fuzzy Slippers said...

What an awesome card! So creative!

Heather P. said...

This is downright FABULOUS! Love it!

Traveling Mama said...

Oh, this is some serious CUTENESS!! I love your card!!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Your card is Super! Love the birdhouse! Your mom will love this card!

Lea L. said...

This is so cute! I just love that bird house! Great job with the PTI Blog Hop Challenge!

♥♥♥Lea

Teresa said...

Oh I love your little bird house. Cute card!!

Marge said...

Don't know what your other idea was, but this bird & birdhouse card is ADORABLE!!!

Jenny said...

Very cute!!! Love it! :)

jen said...

Too cute!! Quite creative- and congrats on winning a stamp set!! :)

Holly Jordan said...

I love that little birdhouse!! So sweet, thanks for sharing and congrats on winning tonight :)

Terri said...

Very cute! Love the roof! Thanks so much for the birthday wishes too!

Sharon said...

I love this! Very original! The roof is worth all the punching (easy for me to say, LOL). Love the branches with button berries.

Amy Kolling said...

This card just made me smile when i saw it....your bird house turned out soo cute!

Anne B said...

Gorgeous card and I love your idea for the bird house!

Sue Ann said...

OH I love this and the colors that you used ....... beautiful!!!

Babies-Beth said...

Love the colors and the detail and the layout...well, I just love it!!

Sara Mac said...

Pat this is wonderful! I adore the birdhouse roof you created. Great colors too!

peggysue said...

Oh my is that the cutest thing that little birdhouse! I think its wonderful!

Lori said...

Fantastic!!! I LOVE the bird house!!

Anonymous said...

So sweet! Love that birdhouse!

Chris Simon said...

Wow, that's a great card! The bird house is so adorable. Thanks for sharing!

Cammie said...

Love that little bird house. I bet that took some time to create. Your mother will LOVE this!

Princess Danell said...

Fantastic! I LOVE your birdhouse. Congratulations!

Laurie said...

So cute! I love the colors you chose!

Jennifer K said...

What a cute bird house!

Laural-Lee said...

Such a beautiful scene you've created with this card. I hear you on the roof statement. I recently made a roof out of the scallop punch and it took a lot longer to put it together. This card was clearly worth it!!!