Sunday, April 25, 2010

PTI April Blog Hop



Welcome to PTI's April Blog hop. This month the challenge is to use tissue paper on a card or other paper project.

There are several ways to use tissue paper. Layered flowers are all the rage now. Nichole has great tutorials on her blog showing the faux silk technique.

I'm not much of a technique person. Oh, I have all the supplies. I watch the videos. I try the technique. However, my cards never look like what they're supposed to. Faux silk? No, mine looks like wadded up tissue paper.

After several attempts, I gave up and pulled out a stamp from my collection and went with the obvious use of tissue. Yeah, I know .... strange sense of humor. I was, however, pleased with my first attempt at this kind of bow. I always admire the bows on everyone's cards. Would have helped to have a third hand, though.



I hope this card qualifies. And I hope you enjoy it.

Supplies:
Stamps: Art Gone Wild Box of Tissues, PTI Tea for Two
Card stock: Hawaiian Shores, New Leaf, Aqua Mist, Stampers Select
Ink: True Black
Patterned Paper: Green Boutique
Miscellaneous: Stampin' Up punches, Hawaiian Shores Satin ribbon and vintage buttons, twine

53 comments:

Karen H. said...

Great card! I love the use of the tissue. Cool layout too. The bow looks awesome!

Sara Mac said...

Oh Pat, you are too clever! Love this adorable card.

Lauren said...

Love it!! Very clever...I think I might have to steal this idea. ;)Very cute card.

Anika said...

Clever! So cute!!

Rosanne said...

How clever, love the tissue kleenex!

Lindsay said...

Oh my word! How fun is this?! Great idea

Jen Carter said...

How creative!! :)

Dana said...

HAHAHAHH! SO clever going with the obvious here Pat! made me truly LOL!

Brenda said...

Oh how cute is that! Very fun!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness Pat, this is so clever! Love it! So cute!

Marge said...

How fun, how clever & how terribly useful!!!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Absolutely Adorable! And so clever too! I give this five stars! Just love it!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

The tissue box is such a cute idea! Way to rock the tissue paper challenge.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Nerina said...

Oh sweet! How cute is that! What a great card!

peggysue said...

It qualifies and it made me laugh!

Dana said...

so clever and cute and fun! I love it!!!

~kelly marie~ said...

So clever! I love this!

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Your card is perfect! Made me laugh! It's such a fun card.

Barbara said...

So clever!! I'd have never thought of this!

Daniela Dobson said...

I love this!

Diane Jaquay said...

How creative!! Love it!

Unknown said...

*giggle* perfect!! :) Thanks for the smile!

Melissa said...

So clever and cute!

Deb C said...

Tissue paper as a tissue. Well, isn't that just too clever and obvious at the same time?!?!?!

Love it.

Cheryl said...

That is so great! I love it.

Kelly S. said...

What a hoooooot! Love the cheerful papers in the background. That image just rocks! This is such a perfect get well card that would cheer anybody right up!

Shay said...

Such a fun card and utterly unique! Great use of color too.

BethieJ said...

This is so darn CUTE!! What a fun idea!
Happy Hopping!

Teresa said...

This is such a cute stamp. I love it!!

Tonya said...

LOL!!!! Super cute!

Lorraine said...

Yes, it qualifies! Stinkin' cute card and yes, the bow is fab!

Kerri said...

ROFL!!! LOVE IT!!!

Kim said...

Very clever!

Janelle said...

So funny! Very clever card!

Laurie said...

What a fun idea! So cutE!

Rebecca said...

What a cute idea! Very clever.

Jill said...

Hee! Clever, Pat! Put a smile on my face. :-)

Silke Ledlow said...

OMG this is toooo cute and clever!!! Glad you tried this idea...I love it!!! Hugs ~S~

Katie said...

Love it! Who says tissue paper can't be used for tissue paper? Thanks for making me smile tonight!

Amy Kolling said...

I got a little chuckle when I saw this! Very cute design!

Karli said...

Hee! Hee! very cool! Perfect & one of the most creative uses for tissue I've seen so far!TFS :)

Lisa said...

Ha Ha!! Totally love it!! you took tissue literally here!! Clever!!

Cammie said...

I love this! I think you were very clever to use the tissue for the obvious.

Theresa Tyree said...

Ha ha! Love it! VEry cute and clever!

Anonymous said...

This turned out really, really cute Pat!!! Love it!

Linda said...

How adorable!! That would make anyone smile, even if they were sick. I think you win for originality!!

Christi said...

I love your sense of humor!!! The card is adorable.

Sonya said...

That's pretty cute - way to "think outside the box".

Terri said...

I definitely think it qualifies. Very cute!

Rebecca said...

:-) OH I LOVE THIS!!!

Michelle said...

You used tissue for tissue - LOL - that's perfect!!

Taheerah said...

Hehe, using tissue for tissue - genius!!

Unknown said...

I love it!!! I would never have thought to use tissue paper for something so obvious. Fantastic!