Sunday, April 18, 2010

Compose a Card 9




Nine squares this time. No problem - I just picked out a section of the wall and used those colors. The next challenge was how to get some sentiments on the card. I used the shapes and colors of the lights in the photo for my inspiration. There have been a number of discussions on the PTI board on Mixed Messages vs. Mega Mixed Messages. I've always recommended Mega but this is one time I was glad I had the small version on hand.

Thanks for stopping by.

Supplies:
Stamps: Mixed Messages
Card Stock: Kraft, Spring Rain, Raspberry Fizz, Sweet Blush
Ink: Deep Chocolate
Patterned Paper: Various PTI
Other: PTI ribbons, circle punches

18 comments:

Sherry said...

Beautiful! Great combo of patterns and I love the circle sentiments!!

Dana said...

I love how you used the circles to host your sentiment Pat! Those big paper shades in the inspiration photo were perfect for that!

Susan said...

Love this card!! Great job on the challenge!

Anonymous said...

Love this card! I love how you chose to "hang" your sentiments from the top with ribbon, nice touch. The papers you paired together are great too!

Jen Carter said...

How cute and clever! You did a great job!

Terri said...

Great job! I especially like how you used the circles!

Brenda said...

I really like this card! The patterned paper squares are fantastic!
Great job!

Anonymous said...

Love your combination of papers and the way you used the sentiments!!!

Jeanne said...

Wow! This is an absolutely stunning card! I love all of the elements. You are really very talented. I love the ribbons and circles! Great additions!

Diane Jaquay said...

This is so pretty! I love the unique use of the ribbon/circles/sentiments that you added to this challenge!

peggysue said...

They remind me of little medals being awarded, great job with the ribbons and sentiment.

Karen H. said...

So pretty. I love how you did the sentiments.

Janis said...

Great job on the colour combination! I hope to get back into Becky's challenges soon.

Petr@ said...

Your card is adorable!

Unknown said...

I love how you added the sentiments! What a great use of Mixed Messages.

Michelle said...

Those little hanging sentiments are fantastic. And you chose the perfect ones to go together.

Caryn said...

Fabulous card, love your take on the challenge. Have to admit, I looked at this one and wimped out!!!

Hugs,
Caryn xxx

Anonymous said...

A very clever take on this challenge. The sentiments are great and a nice contrast to the nine squares.