Sunday, April 11, 2010

Compose a Card 8




This is a busy time of the year for me. So much work to do outside in order to get ready for spring and summer. My time for crafting becomes extremely limited. I did get a chance to play today - a much needed break from weeding, trimming and cleaning flower beds.

Becky's challenges are always just that - a challenge! Becky's outdoor photos of her cute daughters in their Easter dresses were the inspiration. I chose the black polka dots and new leaf option and finally got to ink 2 new PTI sets.

Thanks for taking a look!

Supplies:
Stamps: Beautiful Blooms II, Wonderfully Whimsical
Card Stock: Stamper's Select White, True Black, New Leaf
Ink: New Leaf, True Black
Miscellaneous: Nestabilities, circle punch

11 comments:

Monica K. said...

Cute card! Like the polka dots with that tree.

Anonymous said...

Love the layout of this card! Very nice job.

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Very pretty! Love the layout on this card.

Sue Ann said...

I like how the green looks like the end of the sash on a dress..... great job!!!

Barbara said...

Just beautiful! Love that layout and New Leaf is so rich with that black--gorgeous!

Dana said...

Love how you took the tree from the original photo and put it into your card! AWESOME and truly unique!

Diane Jaquay said...

Beautiful card! I agree with Dana, clever of you to use the tree for inspiration!

Jen Carter said...

Great job on the challenge! The way you framed the tree in the oval makes the perfect focal image!

Nadine said...

Absolutely gorgeous card! I love your take on the challenge and what a great idea to use the tree from WW. LOVE it!

Anonymous said...

beautiful card, it looks so nice all together!

Lorraine said...

I love this card - the colors/design are so striking!