Sunday, February 21, 2010

Compose A Card 4


I try to participate in at least one challenge a week. It helps me grow as a stamper by forcing me to try new colors, layouts and techniques. And it gives me a chance to put some ink to new stamps.

Here's my entry for the Compose a Card challenge. It's my first time for this one but it won't be the last. Lots of fun! Sorry the black in my photo looks a bit funky. It's much better in real life - I guess I need to work on my photography skills!

Supplies:
Stamps: PTI Turning a New Leaf, Mega Mixed Messages
Cardstock: Ripe Avocado, True Black, White
Patterned Paper: Black & White Basics
Punches: Stampin' Up oval and oval scallop
Other: Ripe Avocado Saddle Stitch ribbon, vintage buttons, Copic marker

11 comments:

Sara Mac said...

Beautiful card Pat! Great idea to color the circles on the patterned paper.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card! I also love doing challenges, helps me think outside of the box!

Lori said...

what a good idea to participate once a week. I might try that, I agree, it helps us to grow. this card is very pretty and you did such a great job.

Anonymous said...

this is a very beautiful card indeed, love the pattern paper and the buttons!

Jeanne said...

Lovely card and the patterns work so well together. Really a classic design.

Sherry said...

Gorgeous card! So elegant. Love the pattern paper!

Sharron said...

This is so pretty! Love your three buttons and great idea to color the patterned paper. Great job with the challenge!

Lisa said...

This is a beautiful card! Love the paper. Great job on the challenge:)

Nadine said...

What a lovely, elegant card Pat. I love how you've sponged the edges in green - ties everything together nicely! Isn't Becky's challenges so fun? Her color combos make for some gorgeous cards!

Diane Jaquay said...

Great job on the challenge, your card is really LOVELY!!

Terri said...

Nice job! I love everything about it!