Sunday, January 16, 2011

January Friends of WMS Blog Waltz



It's January 17 and time for another Waltzing Mouse Stamps Blog Waltz. The theme this month is Valentines/Love.

In order to combat the monotony of hours on the treadmill or elliptical, I design cards in my head. I had this great idea for a card only to find out I didn't have the set I needed. Truly, I thought I had purchased it some time during 2010. You can guess what will be on my next order! So I used the only WMS set with hearts that I have.



Can't wait to see what Claire has in store for us in 2011.

Hope you enjoy. Thanks for stopping by.

Supplies:
Stamps: Faux Fun, Seasons of Love - Tags
Card Stock: PTI Scarlet Jewel, Sweet Blush, Vintage Cream
Ink: Fresh Snow, Scarlet Jewel
Miscellaneous: Nestabilities, Cuttlebug Embossing Folder, Sweet Blush ribbon, Maya Road Ruffle Blossom, dimensionals, embossing powder

21 comments:

Pauline said...

Beautiful, love the colour combo.

Lynn Mercurio said...

Outstanding. Beautiful colors and the texture is amazing. So glad you could play along with us this month!

Ingrid Danvers said...

Your card is beautiful, Pat. I always have a hard time using Scarlet Jewel, and never thought to combine it with Sweet Blush. TFS!

Clare said...

Very classy card, love the embossing!

Deborah Frings said...

Fab colours - the heart is just stunning!

Julia Aston said...

So pretty with the pink and red! I just love that heart too!

Joanne Gilch said...

Lovely card and those textures go perfectly with your heart!!!

Inkyfingers said...

Great colours and a lovely card. I love the little flower on your bow.
Hugs
Carol x

Vera said...

Love the textured background and the beautifully embossed heart! Happy shopping! :-)

Sue Lelli said...

This is GORGEOUS! LOVE the colors and the heart! I think we are all going shopping after this waltz!

LaurieJ said...

Funny, I design cards in my head when I'm trying to fall asleep at night.
You did a beautiful job with your "second choice" set. Your card is lovely! The heart is set off beautifully by the embossed background.

Muckyfingers said...

Very pretty card xXx

B said...

Heehe, what a great way to pass time while on the treadmill! :) Love the embossing -- both the dry and heat! :) Fab mix of textures!

Anonymous said...

This is so pretty! I love the embossing behind the heart.

NoraAnne said...

SO beautiful! Love what you came up with!

Mona Pendleton said...

Gorgeous card! Love the embossed heart image and the embossed BG!

Purrfect Paper Creations said...

This is beautiful! I love the embossing with the strip on top, and your heart and bow are perfect!

Chris L.

Anabelle O'Malley said...

Beautiful! Love the embossing. (I design cards in my head while I exercise, too!!)

Nancy said...

Gorgeous card!

Laurie Marmon said...

So pretty. Love the embossing.

Charmaine Stack said...

Glad you have found a way to make exercising enjoyable! A very pretty card.