
It's November 15 and time for the WMS monthly blog waltz. To get us in the mood for the holidays (or maybe to give us a push to complete those holiday cards), the theme this month is Christmas.
Several years ago, one of my favorite paper companies, My Mind's Eye, had a Christmas paper collection that featured browns and blues. I've always liked that color combo and decided to use those non-traditional colors as my inspiration. Although I have several WMS Christmas sets, I seem to go back to Very Vintage Christmas over and over this year.


I pulled out my trusty Marvy snowflake punch to create my embellishment. And Tara, if you are reading this, I had to stand on it to get it to work. I actually thought I broke it but after a bit of time manipulating it, it's ok and ready for the next snowflake!
Hope you enjoy. Thanks for stopping by.
Supplies:
Stamps: Very Vintage Christmas, Seasons of Love, Off Beat Backgrounds
Cardstock: PTI Dark Chocolate, Vintage Cream, Spring Rain
Ink: PTI Dark Chocolate, Spring rain
Miscellaneous: SU Very Vanilla seam binding, Marvy snowflake punch, Hero Arts rhinestones, Nestabilities Pinked Circle die
24 comments:
I love the colours you used and the cut out snowflake. Thanks for the inspiration.
Love the blue & brown color combo and that gorgeous snowflake on top of your bow!
The colours of the card are simply great....love it!
Oh the cut work on that snowflake is GORGEOUS! It looks like a brad! And the layout and color scheme is just so stunning and unique, WOW!
Okay, I had to go back and re-read...so you stamped on a punch but it STILL looks like a brad, hee :)
The browns and blues are just gorgeous! I love the whole layout of your card, and the way you've used the snowflake at the center of your ribbon - just beautiful! Thanks for sharing, Robyn
Oh so lovely! :) Love the brown and blue combo and the fun way your punch and snowflake coordinated!!! (You really should try leaving the punch in the freezer too... sometimes I forget and leave mine in the freezer and then my hubs gets all confused).
Just like every one else...I, too, love that color combo. The stamping on the snowflake is just perfect! What's your trick?
Love this color combo and such a pretty snowflake :) Wonderful Holiday card!!
beautiful card with a great color combo. I really like how you placed the snowflake in the center of the bow too.
Wow! What a gorgeous card! Love how you framed the sentiment with a pinking circle layer and the shimmery snowflake looks stunning!
I love the brown and light blue combo you used! Great card!!
Love this the colours are so pretty together.
Great card. Love the colours you used.
Beautiful card.
Thank you for sharing
I've always loved blue and brown together too! Oh and a very elegant card to boot!
Oh wow this is drop down gorgeous!! Love your colours and your choice of stamps and elements! Totally elegant, totally beautiful!
Love your color choices! This is beautiful. I love your snowflake and glad the punch survived to punch again!
Absolutely LOVELY!!!
Lovely! Love the brown, blue and cream color scheme - warm and cool at the same time.
This is stunning!!!!! Love the colours you have used on this elegant card.
love the color combo. i also love all things non-traditional. your snowflake is such a great embellishment.
So pretty in the brown and blue - love the accent of the punched snowflake on the ribbon!
This is so pretty and very elegant!
Post a Comment